I. Откройте скобки, употребив глагол в правильной временной форме.
1. The boy (to refuse)__________to admit that he (to break)______________the window. So he (to send)_________________home to bring his parents to school.
2. Look, it (to get)____________late. I (to miss)____________the ten o'clock train if I (not to hurry)_______________Jack said he (to come)_______________to pick me up. I don't know why he
(not to appear) _________________ yet. Perhaps he (to get) _______________into the traffic jam.
3. Yesterday Tom and Janice (to go)______to the zoo. They had an adventure there. While they (to walk)_______________by the giraffe, it (to begin)________to chew Janice's hat.
II. Вставьте артикль, где необходимо.
1. ... forecast promises such ... good weather, but I don't believe it.
2. ... typist is ... person who types ... letters and reports.
3. Luckily ... advertisements were ready in ... time for ... exhibition.
4. I would like ... grapes for ... dessert.
III. Вставьте, правильный предлог или послелог, где необходимо.
1. Most people don't go ... holiday ... Christmastime.
2. Don't shout ... children, otherwise they'll get used ... it and will pay no attention ... your words.
3. It's ... to you to decide whether you'll join ... us or not.
IV. Составьте предложения, расположив слова в нужном порядке.