20. "Come home ... Christmas Day, we'll be waiting for you", my mother always says to me.
a)in c) -
b) on d) at
1. Excuse me, do you speak English? I ... for a hotel.
a) look c) was looking
b) am looking d) have been looking
2. Last summer we wanted a relaxing holiday, so we ... to stay on a small island.
a) choose c) had chosen
b) have chosen d) chose
3. Mathematics ... hard. I don't understand it.
a) are c) was
b) is d) were
4. While we ... for the train, it started to rain.
a) waited c) was waiting
b) are waiting d) were waiting
5. The police officer said that every house in that street ... already by the police.
a) search c) had been searched
b) were searched d) searched
6. There is going to be a big art exhibition. It... a lot of visitors.
a) attracts c) has attracted
b) will attract d) attracted
7. The result of his investigation ... in the newspaper soon.